• An Image Slideshow
  • An Image Slideshow
  • An Image Slideshow
  • An Image Slideshow
  • An Image Slideshow

History

Once upon a Time….There was a wooden Store built by the CPR Railway Tracks in Squilax. It was owned by a not so nice man, Mr. Craig, who was found shot one morning… long ago in 1928. Along came a family called the Herrings. Clifford Herring would cruise the Shuswap with his wooden runabout, with his wife, Wilhelmina, wearing her Sunday best. Disaster struck in the spring of 1935, when the store burnt down. The Herring’s rebuilt the store down by the River using bricks from Enderby. Throughout the years, the Store provided supplies and wonderful memories: cheese being cut from large blocks, penny jar for Bennett’s taxes, metal floor for cork boots, and penny candy being taped to children’s bike handle bars. To Be Continued……., next Century.